- To publish critical and scholarly materials relating to the study of literature and related disciplines
- To promote research and scholarship among students, researchers and faculty members
- To proactively keep the academic community updated about the thinking and writing in contemporary areas of English studies
- To facilitate interdisciplinary studies and foment scholarly pursuits in cutting edge areas of innovative and creative thinking.
- To ensure academic interface with students, research scholars and faculty from other parts of the country and the world at large.
The journal will give special thrust to all kinds of studies in English literature, language, linguistics, culture, visual arts, folk arts, popular culture, critical theory, subaltern studies, dalit literature, film studies, women’s writings, gender studies, post-colonial literatures, new literatures, African literature, translation studies, indigenous literatures and regional literatures. The journal will identify and publish critical essays on emerging trends in literature, culture and theory on new authors with emerging reputations.